The National Cleaner Production Centre South Africa (NCPC-SA) in collaboration with the Limpopo Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism (LEDET) together with the Lephalale local municipality invites you to join the Limpopo Industrial Symbiosis Programme (LIM ISP) Business Opportunity Workshop.
Participants can expect presentations from Petco, Plastics SA and Consol Glass on recycling opportunities and their role in the waste economy – as well as overall support to SME development, in line with the clean-up and recycle theme.
What is Industrial Symbiosis?
Industrial Symbiosis (IS) is a resource-efficient approach, where unused or residual resources (material, energy, water, waste, assets, and logistics) of one company are used by another. The NCPC-SA is the custodian of Industrial Symbiosis Programmes in Gauteng, KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Northern Cape and Eastern Cape.
How does it work?
Industrial Symbiosis uses a unique facilitation approach to rapidly match member companies’ underutilised resources with those who can utilise them. The programme actively supports its members to realise business opportunities or “synergies”.
Who should attend?
The workshop is aimed at representatives from any company with residual waste or resources plus:
- Managers of medium and large industrial facilities.
- Heavy emitting mining and agriculture farming industries personnel.
- Construction and environmental companies.
- Waste/recycling companies and waste entrepreneurs
- Science and technology labs and educational institutions (e.g., universities).
Benefits of attending the workshop is an increase in:
- Tap into all NCPC-SA services.
- Explore new innovations for waste or by-products.
- Find ways to divert waste from landfill.
- Establish new ways to reduce environmental footprint.
- Initiate new business ventures.
By completing this form, you accept the NCPC-SA/CSIR privacy statement