The National Cleaner Production Centre South Africa (NCPC-SA) together with the Centre for African Resource Efficiency and Sustainability (CARES), would like to invite you to attend the policy training for the eco-innovation workshop.
The workshop will focus on the key role policymakers have in fostering eco-innovation, and how to use polity to create an enabling environment for eco-innovation.
Attendees can look forward to being part of an interactive discussion on how policy instruments (i.e., regulatory, information-based, economic, voluntary, and behavioural instruments) can be used to enable eco-innovation in the textile sector in South Africa.
Transitioning to a circular economy based on sustainable consumption and production patterns requires new sustainable business strategies and models and a supportive policy framework.
Creating these new sustainable business strategies and models in response to environmental, economic, and social challenges is a process of eco-innovation. While there is a clear business case for eco-innovation, overcoming barriers to eco-innovation needs government support.
The InTex project aims to:
- Increase among SMEs and governments the knowledge on resource efficiency, life cycle thinking, circularity and eco-innovation in the textile value chain.
- Train textiles stakeholders on eco-innovation and product environment footprint (PEF).
- Accompany textiles businesses to transform their approach and business models in order to increase sustainability and circularity in the textile value chain.
- Increase the access to environmental and lifecycle data so that textiles businesses and policymakers can make better informed decisions and implement relevant strategies.
- Provide evidence of the environmental and socio-economic impacts of the different sustainable economic models in the textiles value chain, to help bridge the science-policy gap and raise awareness on the potential impacts of adopting and fostering innovative sustainable and circular policies and practices.
||Thursday, 07 July 2022
||10:00 – 12:30
|Venue / Platform:
||MS Teams Link
Please confirm your attendance via email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the event and please email Pearl Thusi, NCPC-SA at: email@example.com or visit https://www.unep.org/intex.
By completing this form, you accept the NCPC-SA/CSIR privacy statement