The National Cleaner Production Centre South Africa (NCPC-SA) in collaboration with National Treasury Cities Support Programme and the Department of Trade, Industry and Competition (the dtic) invite industrial park owners, stakeholders and municipalities to online training on re-imagining industrial spaces through the application of Eco-Industrial Park (EIP) planning approaches.
The planning of industrial spaces includes site selection, market and feasibility assessments, concept planning and subsequent master planning. The EIP concept planning approach assists in the sustainable and integrated design of industrial spaces from economic, environmental and community perspectives. Master plans for (urban-) industrial spaces in South Africa are often out of date, not fully developed, or not even available. This poses significant challenges and risks to urban and industrial spaces and its stakeholders (e.g. tenant companies, communities).
The eco-industrial parks (EIP) approach is about creating more resource-efficient and cost-effective industrial parks/spaces which are more competitive, attractive for investment and risk resilient. The EIP approach provides economic, social and environmental benefits to industrial spaces, their companies, government agencies, and local communities.
Through GEIPP-SA, practical processes and tools have been developed and applied to improve the economic, environmental and social performance of industrial spaces. The EIP Concept Planning Tool and Master Plan EIP Review Tool will be demonstrated in the sessions.
Objectives and benefits of the training
- Create a joint understanding of the processes, opportunities and challenges associated with re-imagining industrial spaces in South Africa
- Get to know resources, tools and (inter)national good practices available to support the re-imagining of industrial spaces through EIP approaches
- Learn how the eco-industrial park approaches can deliver concrete business and community development opportunities for industrial spaces in South Africa
- Engage with stakeholders to exchange experiences and learnings on re-imagining industrial space
- Day 1: Tuesday, 29 August 2023
- Day 2: Wednesday, 30 August 2023
|09:00 – 12:00
|Venue / Platform
|Online via zoom. Register below to receive the meeting link.
By completing this form, you accept the NCPC-SA/CSIR privacy statement
For event registration queries, contact Sibo Morapela at email@example.com.
For technical questions about the training, please contact Henry Nuwarinda on HNuwarinda@csir.co.za, or mobile: +27 78 185 0489.